−GDRTA Riders Can Now Pay Cash To Load Bus Pass Values To Mobile Accounts−
DUBLIN, OH (December, 2021)– T-CETRA, a technology service provider, has launched a program today with the Greater Dayton RTA to enable cash payments for bus passes at participating T-CETRA retailers in the Dayton area. Using T-CETRA’s proprietary VIDAPAY retail web portal, riders can now pay cash to load bus pass values to their RTA mobile Tapp Pay accounts. This method incurs no fees to the rider – an important distinction from pre-paid debit card payments which often charge monthly and transactional fees to the user.
Tapp Pay mobile is part of RTA’s new contactless payment system, available by downloading the free Transit app on the Google or Apple App store. The Greater Dayton RTA has installed electronic payment readers onboard all vehicles, enabling customers to scan mobile passes from their Tapp Pay account, furthering RTA’s contactless payment experience.
- Westside Wireless – 1132 Wayne Avenue, Dayton, OH 45410
- Fix or Cell – 1243 Wayne Avenue, Dayton, OH 45410
- AM PM Market Inc. – 2317 Salem Avenue, Dayton 45406
- Network of Dayton – 2523 S Smithville Road, Dayton, OH 45420
- It’s On Wireless – 2801 Philadelphia Drive, Dayton, OH 45405
- Forever Wireless – 2808 Salem Avenue, Dayton, OH 45406
- Fastlink Wireless – 2919 Linden Avenue, Dayton, OH 45410
- Bestin the West Wireless – 3010 W Third Street, Dayton, OH 45417
- Fam Computer Wireless – 4550 Salem Avenue, Suite A, Dayton, OH 45416
- Al Hasoun LLC – 4787 Salem Avenue, Dayton, OH 45416
Abdul Akel, Co-Founder of T-CETRA, says “We are excited about the launch of the RTA mobile payment on our VIDAPAY network in Dayton and hope this improves equity and access to transportation in this market.”
Since the onset of the pandemic, both T-CETRA and the Greater Dayton RTA have worked diligently to maintain a safe experience for their retailers and customers. By augmenting access to Tapp Pay mobile payments to cash paying customers, both partners aim to reduce the amount of daily physical interactions with on-board bus payment equipment and provide a contactless and safe experience for riders.
T-CETRA, headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, is a technology service provider that transforms cash payments into cashless solutions. T-CETRA’s network of over ten thousand independent retailers spans the country and Puerto Rico. With the ability to accept and manage cash (and credit/debit) payments through retailers densely concentrated in lower-income areas, T-CETRA can effectively serve the 82.7 million un/derbanked individuals in the U.S. T-CETRA’s flagship product, VIDAPAY, is an online portal used by their retailers to apply cash payments to their customers’ accounts and provides a simple interface for retailers to sell products to their customer, order devices and hardware, and manage customer accounts.
Contact: Kristine Gross, VP, Strategic Partnerships